What do Investment Underwriters do?
Manage communications or negotiations between corporate issuers of securities and clients regarding private equity investments. Underwrite the issuance of securities to provide capital for client growth. Negotiate and structure the terms of mergers or acquisitions.
- Arrange financing of deals from sources such as financial institutions, agencies, or public or private companies.
- Intermediate between corporate issuers of new securities and the general public.
- Structure or negotiate deals, such as corporate mergers, sales, or acquisitions.
- Advise clients on aspects of capitalization, such as amounts, sources, or timing.
- Analyze financial or operational performance of companies facing financial difficulties to identify or recommend remedies.
- Confer with clients to restructure debt, refinance debt, or raise new debt.
- Collaborate on projects with other professionals, such as lawyers, accountants, or public relations experts.
- Coordinate due diligence processes and the negotiation or execution of purchase or sale agreements.
- Create client presentations of plan details.
- Develop and maintain client relationships.
- Evaluate capital needs of clients and assess market conditions to inform structuring of financial packages.
- Determine desirability of deals to develop solutions to financial problems or to assess the financial and capital impact of transactions, using financial modeling.
- Prepare all materials for transactions or execution of deals.
- Perform securities valuation or pricing.
- Assess companies as investments for clients by examining company facilities.
- Structure marketing campaigns to find buyers for new securities.
- Supervise, train, or mentor junior team members.
- Arrange deals involving green investments in areas such as alternative energy product development, green technologies, or sustainable agriculture.
- Specialize in green financial instruments, such as socially responsible mutual funds or exchange-traded funds (ETF) that are comprised of green companies.
Related Jobs (Investment Underwriters)